Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New CEO at Home

My other half have been working from home whenever possible. With today's technology, office can literally be anywhere as long as you have a good or reasonably good internet connection. Well, this technology is a double edged sword. While on one hand, one can be almost be kept updated with the rhythm and pulse of the business, on the down side is that, it is extremely difficult to segregate or differentiate home life and work life. One can actually be working almost round the clock if you are working and reporting to different bosses globally with different time zones or bosses who do not seemed to bloody understand that it is actually midnight half way around the world from where they are.

The challenge for me of course is how to keep two hyper active `monsters' who are now constantly bickering and fighting and yelling over who get which toy, as quiet as I positively can, while my `CEO' at home is having her conference call with her colleagues. Or, how to you prevent especially Chenya from climbing all over her mommy while she is half way, presenting a proposal to her bosses. Wifi at home in the rooms are far from fair and hence, getting her to work in the rooms is still `work in progress' until I find a solution to boost up the signals. Meanwhile, everytime, she has conference call at home, me, the `personal assistant' get stressed to the max, trying to ensure that both the little ones are kept in check.


Today, I have an extra CEO `working' from home. Chenya has started imitating her mommy to set up her work desk at the dining table to `work', complete with her bag, laptop, handphone, notepad and pen, pretending to be making calls and replying emails.


Now, I have two CEOs at home working and I must said that I have my work cut out for me as their `personal assistant'. Now I have two bosses at home and both equally demanding, fiery and a perfectionist in every sense of the word.



I seriously need to hire a assistant to this assistant!

1 comment:

  1. Your boy looks just like you :) Are you guys staying in China now?

    ReplyDelete